Each soul has boundless opportunities to explore life in any number of forms, scenarios and timelines. Those souls who choose to express themselves on Earth (that’s you!) incarnate with the aim of exploring certain themes for learning purposes.
If you went to college, you also chose a theme. You called it your “major” and sometimes, you added a “minor” because you were so excited about the options that you couldn’t choose just one.
Well, life isn’t all that different. Since life is about eternal creation, your soul narrows down your human expression into themes as well. This allows us to hone in on some skills we’d like to sharpen, and to explore existence through a certain set of filters for the purposes of perspective.
What kind of themes are there to choose from?
I had a teacher in high school who assigned reports, due in 2 weeks’ time, about anything. She didn’t dictate what the report was about, but rather allowed us to choose a subject we wanted to learn more about, and make ourselves experts in the subject.
And classmates balked. They threw up their arms in exasperation:
“What do I write about? She needs to be more specific.”
“She can’t do that to us, we need an idea of what she’s looking for.”
And the best one….”I have no idea what I am interested in. How can I write a report about it?”
Humans are trained to require external supervision, and to doubt the inner desires as invalid. But your soul is having none of that, because it realizes its power as the creator of its reality.
So there are an infinite number of themes to choose from, thank goodness.
And your soul has many reasons for choosing particular themes, including reworking other-life imbalances, pushing creativity to the limits despite strict social constructs, and contracts to assist others in their journey.
Can you see how remembering these themes while you’re still in the body can make your path a little bit clearer?
Themes are as varied as personalities are. Here is a quick questionnaire to determine the themes in your currently-focused lifetime:
- Are there lessons that keep occurring that you thought you had already figured out?
- Example: You keep dating the same kind of person, even though your relationships don’t work out.
- Do you find yourself searching for someone/something and can’t seem to find what you’re looking for?
- Example: Twin Flame, Soul Mate, Tribes, Extraterrestrial contact
- Are you experiencing recurring chronic medical issues?
- Example: Rashes, accidents, or repeated infections
- Do you experience repeating symbols in your daily life whose meaning you haven’t discovered yet?
- Example: Birds, recurring numbers, or songs
If so, write them down, and ask yourself what theme they could be related to. Look at the symbolism involved. For instance, do birds occur every time you’re thinking of a loved one? This could indicate a theme related to your accepting the validity of communication from other realms. Birds are often used by loved ones to send you messages!
Here are a few of my own themes being explored in this lifetime:
Occurrence: Repeated unexpected disasters
Theme: strength to overcome anything life can put before me.
(It took the loss of my home in a hurricane, the loss of a child, a debilitating motorcycle accident, and homelessness to figure out this one! Please don’t follow in my footsteps!)
Occurrence: Repeated images and references to water
Theme: Learning to let things flow
(Recognizing this theme allows one to relax into the unknown. There will always be surprises, so let them come as they do.)
Occurrence: Struggling with finding time to make art
Theme: Valuing creativity
(This theme underlies all others, and applies to all of us in that, ultimately, we will come to remembrance about our roles as creator of our own reality. Art is a great way to start recapturing that power.)
So which themes are you exploring in this lifetime?
Here are a few additional themes currently being explored by those incarnated on Earth at this time:
- Soul mates (an agreement to collaborate with another while incarnated)
- Finding your Twin Flame (integration with Divine Feminine / Divine Masculine)
- Light vs Dark and the Resistance Movement (the exploration of polarity)
- Having children or not having children (exploring mortality)
- Extraterrestrial presence (accepting diversity, and the right use of power)
- Fluidity (accepting the unknown, the unexpected, and the undesired)
- Accepting things as they are (exploring what is, and is not, under your control)
Knowing your particular themes will help you create your life in alignment with your soul’s plan. When you’ve found a few, try incorporating them into your Allowing Project journal to solidify your commitment to expansion in those areas. As you identify your themes, you’ll recognize them when an experience relates to them. This allows you to be more mindful of the message being sent, and cataclysmic experiences will disappear from your life.
Go out there and create!